Quick Facts- Did You Know?
- Missing school one day per week means missing one full year of instruction for every five years that they are in school.
- Every day a student is absent from class costs the school district substantial amounts of revenue from the state. We do not get funding for student absences.
- If we raise the attendance rate by just 1 percent District-wide, it would result in approximately $1 million per year in increased state revenue. That's money that goes directly into your child's education.
- If SLZUSD had 100% attendance each year, the school district would receive millions in additional state funding annually.
- A diploma has an economic value! High school graduates earn 38 percent more than those without a diploma, and college graduates earn 140 percent more! By graduating from high school, your child can earn more than a million dollars in their lifetime. That can lead to even greater success if they attend college.
Give your child every opportunity to succeed at Hillside by encouraging excellence school attendance.
Did You Know?
Being in school every day raises your student’s chances for scoring well on tests, and securing college admission and scholarship opportunities. Helping your child make regular attendance at school a habit now, can carry over when they seek employment.
Students who attend school regularly learn more and are more successful in school than students who do not. Parents who make school attendance a priority are also helping their children learn to accept responsibility. That is an important lesson for a successful life.